Spring Education Group's K-12 Division includes nearly 75 schools, with programs spanning Preschool, Elementary, Middle School, and High School. Across all our K-12 schools, the common theme is our dedication to providing high-quality education and delivering superior educational outcomes through a variety of acclaimed pedagogical approaches. Our private elementary schools provide challenging academics, personalized attention for each student, and strong partnerships among parents, teachers, students, and staff. Our proven curricula and our caring community of educators are committed to delivering superior preschool through 12th grade education.
The Pre-K Lead Teacher is responsible for the general supervision and management of the classroom children age's four to five. This person must be professionally prepared as a teacher of young children including meeting the minimum educational requirements as set forth by the local licensing agency. Additionally, the teacher agrees to uphold the high expectations and standards of Park Maitland Preschool.
Employment Status: Full-Time
Duration: Year-Round (12 months), Monday - Friday
Location: 2440 Howell Market Lane, Winter Park, FL
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Be alert at all times by providing proper visual supervision.
- Abide by all local licensing agency regulations as well as Park Maitland's safety protocols.
- Plan, supervise, and implement the curriculum in accordance with Park Maitland policies and procedures.
- Responsible for the ordered arrangement, appearance, and décor of the classroom environment. This will include sharing the joint housekeeping responsibilities of the staff.
- Attend all staff meetings, Park Maitland Preschool training sessions, and in-house training programs.
- Regularly maintain classroom bulletin boards displaying student artwork.
- Monitor and assess student progress. Maintain close communication with the principal and parents regarding student issues, conferencing as deemed necessary.
- Submit weekly lesson plans to the principal.
- Establish our non-punitive method of classroom discipline, seeking positive rather than negative methods to correct student behavior.
- Participation in all school events, including but not limited to:
- Parent Orientation
- Parent Workshops
- Winter/Spring Programs
- Open House
- Park Maitland Preschool Annual Family Events
- Staff Meetings
- Parent Conferences
- Perform daily tasks and responsibilities with integrity, making effective use of time schedules, and taking the initiative to complete tasks.
- Treat all children with dignity and respect.
- Demonstrate patience and self-control in dealing with students and staff.
- Display energy and enthusiasm, maintaining evident interest in the job.
- Contribute and share ideas freely with other staff members.
- Use appropriate language in and out of the classroom.
- Appropriately dressed, well-groomed, and neat.
Strong customer service skills, both external and internal
Builds interpersonal relationships
Alert to the needs of others, students, and co-workers
Punctual and reliable
Excellent oral and written communication skills
- The units specified shall include courses that cover the general areas of child growth and development, child, family, and community, and program/curriculum.
- An official transcript from the approved university/college must verify the coursework.
- A Florida Department of Children and Families Staff Credential Certificate.
- At least six months of on-the-job training and/or work experience in a licensed child care center or comparable group child care program.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. In general, this position requires an individual to frequently walk, stand, sit, squat, stoop, reach, kneel, rise from the floor, twist, listen, read, write, and speak the English language. In addition, this position often requires an individual to carry, lift, use repetitive or fine hand movements, and occasionally push, pull, or bend. This position is regularly required to hear and use clear vision with or without correction.Spring Education Group, including, but not limited to SEG Inc., and their affiliates (collectively "Company") is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants for employment and employees are provided equal employment opportunities, including in recruitment, hiring, and assignment, without regard to actual or perceived race, color, religion and religious creed, sex (including pregnancy and related conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital or familial status, age, national origin, ancestry, disability, genetic information, military/veteran status, or any other classification protected by federal, state, or local law. The Company expressly prohibits any form of unlawful employee or student harassment or discrimination.Other details
- Job Function: Early Childhood Education
- Pay Type: Hourly
- Travel Required: No
- Required Education: Some College