Spring Education Group is a multi-brand education network of superior private school institutions spanning infant care through high school. The network (currently composed of approximately 220 schools) brings together some of the best private school programs in the country, with proven track records educating children through unique and carefully crafted curricula.
Spring's best-in-class platform was created by uniting four premier school organizations - Stratford School, LePort Montessori, Nobel Learning Communities, and BASIS Independent. The Spring network extends across 19 states with an international presence in Asia. Our corporate offices are located in Campbell, CA, Scottsdale, AZ, and West Chester, PA.
As Corporate Counsel, you will serve as a legal generalist and will partner with all corporate functions, including business operations, education, technology, HR, real estate/construction, marketing, licensing and finance to advise on critical strategic and legal matters. You should be a business-friendly and highly collaborative person, providing pragmatic and creative solutions. You should also be someone who thrives in an entrepreneurial environment, delivering high-quality work with attention to detail. You will have a significant role in enabling Spring to continue its dynamic growth as a leader in our industry.
In this role, you will...
- Advise the executive team and school leadership on business and legal matters
- Provide day-to-day advice and counseling on a diverse array of school and legal issues
- Manage and resolve school-related cases, investigations and pre-litigation disputes
- Support legal colleagues on a variety of corporate matters, including vendor contracts, corporate policies, regulatory compliance, M&A, and other corporate transactions
- Supervise outside counsel to manage both litigation and corporate transactions
- Identify and evaluate business and legal risks, and find creative ways to mitigate them while achieving business goals and pursuing opportunities to scale
- Train and educate business and school-level teams on legal and compliance issues
- Draft new policies and procedures based on best practices and industry standards
- This position will report directly to the General Counsel
- 5+ years of experience at a law firm and in-house, preferably some litigation experience
- J.D. from a top law school
- Licensed in good standing with at least one state bar
- Exceptional judgment to make decisions thoughtfully in collaboration with stakeholders
- Demonstrated history of independently drafting, reviewing, and negotiating agreements
- Creative thinker who is keen to build scalable processes
- High degree of personal integrity
- Sense of humor, strong work ethic and positive attitude
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. In general, this position requires an individual to frequently walk, stand, sit, squat, stoop, reach, kneel, rise from the floor, twist, listen, read, write, and speak the English language. In addition, this position often requires an individual to carry, lift, use repetitive or fine hand movements, and occasionally push, pull, or bend. This position is regularly required to hear and use clear vision with or without correction.Spring Education Group, including, but not limited to SEG Inc., and their affiliates (collectively "Company") is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants for employment and employees are provided equal employment opportunities, including in recruitment, hiring, and assignment, without regard to actual or perceived race, color, religion and religious creed, sex (including pregnancy and related conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital or familial status, age, national origin, ancestry, disability, genetic information, military/veteran status, or any other classification protected by federal, state, or local law. The Company expressly prohibits any form of unlawful employee or student harassment or discrimination.Other details
- Job Function: Home Office
- Pay Type: Salary
- Employment Indicator: Full Time
- Required Education: Doctorate