BASIS Independent Schools, a subsidiary of Spring Education Group, is a national network of PreK-12 private, secular schools that educate students to the highest international levels. Our ten campuses, located in some of the most bustling, dynamic metropolitan areas in the country, are part of the BASIS Curriculum Schools global network. We believe in setting a higher standard for students and promoting self-reliance and accountability in a culture where hard work is celebrated, and intellectual pursuits result in extraordinary outcomes.BASIS Independent Brooklyn Upper is seeking qualified candidates for a School Operations Assistant!What We're Looking For
BASIS Independent Brooklyn Upper is a Grade 2-12 private school. As the Operations Assistant (Monitor), you are responsible for supporting the Operations team on logistics and administrative detail. In this role, you must comfortably wear many hats and embrace the opportunity to grow and expand your skills in a dynamic, fast-paced, entrepreneurial organization.Your Primary Responsibilities
- Assist Operations, Auxiliary, and Facility teams with their daily objectives
- Assist with covering duties, such as traffic control, hall monitoring, etc.
- Send communications to parents and teachers regarding student information
- Organize and maintain inventory of supplies on campus
- Receive and distribute shipments/packages and organize the mail room.
- Assist Front Office Coordinator as necessary (compiling daily reports, answering phones and responding to emails in a timely manner)
- Cover Student Health Office when school nurse is on lunch break
- Support the Operations Coordinator as necessary (student transportation program which includes school buses and MTA Metrocards, and other duties as necessary)
- Manage school inventory of supplies and restock when necessary
- Ability to stand for long periods of time
- Ability to lift as much as 30 pounds
- Strong work-ethic and desire to help wherever and whenever needed to make the school successful
- Have a positive attitude and willingness to work as a team
- Be detail-oriented
- Possess excellent organizational skills
- Ability to multitask
- Must be a self-starter and a supportive team player
- Must know Microsoft Office (Excel, Outlook, Word) and Adobe Suite skills are preferred
- Familiar with cloud-based file sharing
- Candidates must pass background screening and receive fingerprint clearance to work in a school
Benefits and Salary: The pay rate for this position is $20/hr. with 40 work hours every week. BASIS Independent Schools offers a comprehensive benefits package which includes:
- Career Growth - We believe our people deserve every opportunity to utilize and expand their knowledge and skills, and to share their passions. From our classrooms to central operations, our culture is one of continuous learning, mentorship, and professional advancement in our schools or across our network.
- Retirement - Your future financial well-being is important to us. Eligible participants may receive a 50% Company match for the first 10% of employee earnings deferred.
- Health Insurance - We want you to have the care you need. We offer three PPO medical plans to choose from, as well as dental and vision insurance.
- Flexible Spending - Because health, childcare, and travel expenses can add up, we offer an FSA that allows for pre-tax dollars to cover medical, dependent care, and transit.
- Student Tuition Remission - You help us create a world-class program for our students. To show our appreciation, we offer your children significant tuition remission to attend our schools.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. In general, this position requires an individual to frequently walk, stand, sit, squat, stoop, reach, kneel, rise from the floor, twist, listen, read, write, and speak the English language. In addition, this position often requires an individual to carry, lift, use repetitive or fine hand movements, and occasionally push, pull, or bend. This position is regularly required to hear and use clear vision with or without correction.Spring Education Group, including, but not limited to SEG Inc., and their affiliates (collectively "Company") is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants for employment and employees are provided equal employment opportunities, including in recruitment, hiring, and assignment, without regard to actual or perceived race, color, religion and religious creed, sex (including pregnancy and related conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital or familial status, age, national origin, ancestry, disability, genetic information, military/veteran status, or any other classification protected by federal, state, or local law. The Company expressly prohibits any form of unlawful employee or student harassment or discrimination.Other details
- Job Function: School Administration
- Pay Type: Hourly