Spring Education Group's K-12 Division includes nearly 75 schools, with programs spanning Preschool, Elementary, Middle School, and High School. Across all our K-12 schools, the common theme is our dedication to providing high-quality education and delivering superior educational outcomes through a variety of acclaimed pedagogical approaches. Our private elementary schools provide challenging academics, personalized attention for each student, and strong partnerships among parents, teachers, students, and staff. Our proven curricula and our caring community of educators are committed to delivering superior preschool through 12th grade education.
The Heritage Oak is hiring a Summer Camp Counselor for our campus in Yorba Linda, California.
Compensation: $16.00 - $18.00/hr
- Lead student activities safely.
- Serve as the Group Leader to the campers, showing enthusiasm in deed and spirit.
- Plan, lead and participate in a variety of camp activities such as games, songs, sports, skits, and special events.
- Follow lesson plans provided by the Camp Coordinator/Camp Director/School Principal.
- Supervise children during swim activities; this includes swimming with them, keeping children safe and engaged in the swim/pool activities.
- Responsible for the safety and wellbeing of each child in his/her group.
- Supervise the campers carefully to ensure the safety of the children and property.
- Maintain a physical environment (indoors and outdoors) that is safe, attractive, and clean.
- Actively engage and interact with the children during lunchtime periods.
- Develop opportunities for positive interaction between campers and staff.
ESSENTIAL SKILLS & EXPERIENCE:
- Minimum of 18 years old.
- High school diploma or GED required; one or more years of college preferred.
- Prior experience working with children between the ages of Pre-K through 8th Grade.
- CPR, First Aid, and Advanced Lifesaving are a plus
- The ability to adequately observe participant activities, enforce safety regulations and apply appropriate policies and procedures.
- Strong communication and organizational skills.
- A genuine passion for and desire to work with children.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. In general, this position requires an individual to frequently walk, stand, sit, squat, stoop, reach, kneel, rise from the floor, twist, listen, read, write, and speak the English language. In addition, this position often requires an individual to carry, lift, use repetitive or fine hand movements, and occasionally push, pull, or bend. This position is regularly required to hear and use clear vision with or without correction.Spring Education Group, including, but not limited to SEG Inc., and their affiliates (collectively "Company") is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants for employment and employees are provided equal employment opportunities, including in recruitment, hiring, and assignment, without regard to actual or perceived race, color, religion and religious creed, sex (including pregnancy and related conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital or familial status, age, national origin, ancestry, disability, genetic information, military/veteran status, or any other classification protected by federal, state, or local law. The Company expressly prohibits any form of unlawful employee or student harassment or discrimination.Other details
- Pay Type: Hourly
- Min Hiring Rate: $16.00
- Max Hiring Rate: $18.00