Spring Education Group's K-12 Division includes nearly 75 schools, with programs spanning Preschool, Elementary, Middle School, and High School. Across all our K-12 schools, the common theme is our dedication to providing high-quality education and delivering superior educational outcomes through a variety of acclaimed pedagogical approaches. Our private elementary schools provide challenging academics, personalized attention for each student, and strong partnerships among parents, teachers, students, and staff. Our proven curricula and our caring community of educators are committed to delivering superior preschool through 12th grade education.
The Maintenance Technician is responsible for coordinating various facility and operational aspects of the school that are critical to providing a successful educational environment to our students and staff. This is accomplished through detailed attention to the cleanliness and functional operability of the physical school building. Resourceful in solving problems, proactive in addressing potential issues. Maintains equipment and addresses facility needs with minimal direction. This position will be supporting two locations one in Los Gatos and one in San Jose.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Support and maintain the facility, building/grounds and all equipment (including fixed assets, cleaning supplies, etc. ) This includes handyman-type repairs and painting/patching.
- Contact vendors and get quotes for specialized repairs and submit quotes/estimates to supervisor for approval
- Works with vendors and oversee contractors as necessary
- Clean the cafeteria tables, sweep the floors after lunch(es), as necessary
- Periodic daily cleaning of the bathrooms throughout each day
- Support school events conducted at the facility and provide needed equipment and set-up.
- Monitor service visits for HVAC, elevator, fire systems, etc.
- Coordinate and issue building keys and work with I.T. for swipe card access.
- Maintain an eye on security concerns as it relates to facilities and grounds.
- Work closely with supervisor on long-term strategic facilities planning and campus ground upkeep.
- Work with supervisor to identify CapEx requests, obtain quotes, and prioritize requests
- Operate with resiliency and an ability to reprioritize tasks with a positive attitude.
- Run facilities errands as needed; assist in facilities work at nearby campuses as needed or assigned (mileage reimbursement to be provided)
- Other duties as assigned.
Essential Skills and Experience:
- Organized- Ability to develop and maintain order while documenting, filing and coordinating tasks
- Detail Oriented - Ability to pay attention to the minute details of a project or task.
- Communication- Effectively convey information both verbally and in writing. Communicated in a manner that is clear, complete and concise.
- Accountable: Ability to take responsibility for own work, establish trust, and be receptive to feedback
- Judgment - The ability to formulate a sound decision using the available information.
Education and Experience:
Education: High School Diploma (or equivalent) or equivalent combination of education and work experience.
Certifications and Credentials: Valid Finger Print Clearance and or applicable state background check to work in a school will be required for position.
Experience: 2+ years in a role with relatable job duties, ideally in a similar sized school. Working knowledge of building equipment (HVAC, BMS, Burglar, Fire & Sprinkler) a plus.
Computer Skills: Microsoft Office, Google Suite of products
Frequent walking and standing (over 50%)
Frequent bending, crawling, squatting, stooping, kneeling, twisting, rising, and reaching (over 50%)
Frequent speaking and listening (over 75%) to staff, children, and parents. Must be proficient in speaking, writing, and reading English.
Employee is regularly required to speak, hear, and use clear vision with or without correction. This may include viewing small numbers.
Occasional use of computer keyboard and mouse (10-25%)
Frequent work on ladders and climbing stairs (25%)
Frequent carrying and lifting of 10-25 pounds; Occasional carrying and lifting of 20-100 pounds
Environmental exposures: heat, cold, dusts, noise, chemicals, moistness, dryness, blood borne pathogens, germs; occasional use of gloves and safety glasses
TRAVEL: Must be able to travel by personal motor vehicle to run errands (i.e. facilities supply stores) and assist other schools in the area as needed or as assigned.
Position pays $25-30/hourly
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. In general, this position requires an individual to frequently walk, stand, sit, squat, stoop, reach, kneel, rise from the floor, twist, listen, read, write, and speak the English language. In addition, this position often requires an individual to carry, lift, use repetitive or fine hand movements, and occasionally push, pull, or bend. This position is regularly required to hear and use clear vision with or without correction.Spring Education Group, including, but not limited to SEG Inc., and their affiliates (collectively "Company") is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants for employment and employees are provided equal employment opportunities, including in recruitment, hiring, and assignment, without regard to actual or perceived race, color, religion and religious creed, sex (including pregnancy and related conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital or familial status, age, national origin, ancestry, disability, genetic information, military/veteran status, or any other classification protected by federal, state, or local law. The Company expressly prohibits any form of unlawful employee or student harassment or discrimination.Other details
- Job Function: Elementary Education
- Pay Type: Hourly
- Employment Indicator: Full Time
- Min Hiring Rate: $25.00
- Max Hiring Rate: $30.00
- Required Education: High School