Spring Education Group is a multi-brand education network of superior private school institutions spanning infant care through high school. The network (currently composed of approximately 220 schools) brings together some of the best private school programs in the country, with proven track records educating children through unique and carefully crafted curricula.
We are seeking a Payroll Manager to oversee and lead the Spring Education Group (SEG) payroll team, ensuring pay is processed on time, accurately, and in compliance with government regulations. He/she has experience using Ceridian Dayforce (or similar HRIS system), researching and resolving issues, and auditing payroll data. This individual should also be experienced in high volume, multi-state and multi-unit payroll with knowledge of payroll compliance across all states in which employees are located. We are looking for a team player who will support and coach the payroll staff.
- Oversee all activities necessary to process accurate and timely payroll for 6500+ employees across multiple states using Ceridian Dayforce on a bi-weekly basis
- Ensure compliance with federal, state, and local payroll, wage and hour laws, and best practice
- Supervise and coordinate activities of payroll team members
- Identify, recommend, and assist with updates to payroll processing software, systems, and procedures
- Support and coach payroll team members with day-to-day tasks and any issues that arise
- Process special pay requests as needed
- Review and respond to tax inquiries, complete tax registrations when needed, enter employee tax adjustments
- Complete journal entries, assist with questions related to payroll reconciliations and resolving general ledger variances
- Perform data analysis by running reports, using Excel formulas and pivot tables
- Provide responses in a courteous and timely manner
- Compile, analyze, and document issues on payroll and related fiscal activities to identify systemic issues or problems
- Key team member to lead the implementation of acquired businesses into the payroll function
- Review and update training materials on payroll processing and maintain internal policies and procedures in accordance with the law
- Administer trainings on payroll policies and usage of payroll related systems
- Support internal audits of various payroll areas and prepare materials for external and internal auditors
- Key team member to collaborate with other departments within Spring as needed
- Assist with year end processes
- Support senior leadership with other projects and tasks as needed
- Organized- Ability to develop and maintain order while documenting, filing, and coordinating tasks.
- Detail Oriented - Ability to pay attention to the minute details of a project or task.
- Communication- Effectively convey information both verbally and in writing. Communicate in a manner that is clear, complete, and concise. Ability to organize information into user-friendly formatting.
- Accountable- Ability to take responsibility for own work, establish trust, and be receptive to feedback
- Relatable- Build genuine relationships. Be respectful and inclusive in decision making; work well with others regardless of level, background or opinions; maintain positive and professional relationships.
- Efficient- Prioritize and execute day to day responsibilities to best respond to business demands. Maximize productivity and minimize wasted time.
- Judgment - The ability to formulate a sound decision using the available information. Ability to make decisions independently and quickly if needed. Ability to handle sensitive employment information with discretion and confidentiality as appropriate.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Strong supervisory and leadership skills
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite
- Experience with mergers and acquisitions
- Bachelor's degree in Business, Accounting, Finance, or a related field required
- Minimum 3 years of experience with Ceridian Dayforce (preferred) or similar HR and Payroll systems
- Minimum 5 years related experience in payroll operations, including supervisory, required
- Understanding of federal and state regulations related to salaries, wages, taxes, benefits, and other payroll related matters required
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. In general, this position requires an individual to frequently walk, stand, sit, squat, stoop, reach, kneel, rise from the floor, twist, listen, read, write, and speak the English language. In addition, this position often requires an individual to carry, lift, use repetitive or fine hand movements, and occasionally push, pull, or bend. This position is regularly required to hear and use clear vision with or without correction.Spring Education Group, including, but not limited to SEG Inc., and their affiliates (collectively "Company") is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants for employment and employees are provided equal employment opportunities, including in recruitment, hiring, and assignment, without regard to actual or perceived race, color, religion and religious creed, sex (including pregnancy and related conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital or familial status, age, national origin, ancestry, disability, genetic information, military/veteran status, or any other classification protected by federal, state, or local law. The Company expressly prohibits any form of unlawful employee or student harassment or discrimination.Other details
- Job Function: Home Office
- Pay Type: Salary
- Employment Indicator: Full Time
- Travel Required: No
- Required Education: Bachelor's Degree