The Heritage Oak is hiring a Summer Camp Counselor for our campus in Yorba Linda, California.
- Lead student activities safely.
- Serve as the Group Leader to the campers, showing enthusiasm in deed and spirit.
- Plan, lead and participate in a variety of camp activities such as games, songs, sports, skits, and special events.
- Follow lesson plans provided by the Camp Coordinator/Camp Director/School Principal.
- Supervise children during swim activities; this includes swimming with them, keeping children safe and engaged in the swim/pool activities.
- Responsible for the safety and wellbeing of each child in his/her group.
- Supervise the campers carefully to ensure the safety of the children and property.
- Maintain a physical environment (indoors and outdoors) that is safe, attractive, and clean.
- Actively engage and interact with the children during lunchtime periods.
- Develop opportunities for positive interaction between campers and staff.
ESSENTIAL SKILLS & EXPERIENCE:
- Minimum of 18 years old.
- High school diploma or GED required; one or more years of college preferred.
- Prior experience working with children between the ages of Pre-K through 8th Grade.
- CPR, First Aid, and Advanced Lifesaving are a plus
- The ability to adequately observe participant activities, enforce safety regulations and apply appropriate policies and procedures.
- Strong communication and organizational skills.
- A genuine passion for and desire to work with children.
- Job Function: Elementary Education
- Pay Type: Hourly
- Min Hiring Rate: $0.00
- Max Hiring Rate: $16.00