The person selected for this position will be responsible for assisting the principal in the general day-to-day Arrivals and Middle School Lunch operations.
Employment Status: Part Time
Compensation: $17.00 - $22.00 per hour
Duration: School Year
Hours: Monday - Friday 7:50 AM - 1:45 PM
Location: 3800 Blackford Avenue San Jose, 95117
- Supervise the students.
- Safety crossing students.
- Assisting with the flow of traffic.
- Supporting office or any other duties as assigned
- Monitor and maintain a proper teacher-to-student ratio.
- Help with general housekeeping tasks as needed. Responsible for the set-up and cleanliness of the auditorium prior to the arrival and departure of students for each lunch shift.
- Keep the auditorium neatly presented with shelving units free of clutter.
- Assist in supervision during outdoor time. Supervise and interact with students during outdoor time.
- Responsible for the safe supervision and care of students by focusing complete and undivided attention on students, and keeping them within visual range at all times.
- Maintain a professional attitude and loyalty to the school at all times.
- Treat all children with dignity and respect, showing patience at all times.
- Attend all staff meetings and training programs.
- Maintain a friendly and positive attitude toward students, parents, staff, and administration.
- Cooperate in the maintenance of interpersonal relationships, and refrain from complaining and gossiping.
- Alert to the needs of others, students, and co-workers.
- Punctual and reliable. Absence from work is limited only to emergencies and illness.
- Display passion, energy, and enthusiasm for the job.
- Use appropriate language in and out of the classroom.
- Appropriately dressed, well groomed, and neat.
- Perform daily task and responsibilities with integrity.
- High school graduate or GED
- High school occupational program
- Job Function: Middle School Education
- Pay Type: Hourly
- Min Hiring Rate: $17.00
- Max Hiring Rate: $22.00