Spring Education Group's Early Childhood Education Division includes nearly 150 schools offering services from infant care through Pre-K/K programs, as well as summer camp and after-school programs. Our locations span a nationwide geographic footprint and a diverse array of pedagogical approaches - including our proprietary Links to Learning curriculum that draws from the collective expertise of renowned early-age educators such as Dewey, Piaget and Vygotsky; Montessori schools that embrace both accredited Montessori methods - AMI (Association Montessori Internationale) and AMS (American Montessori Society); and progressive language immersion programs in Mandarin and Spanish.
We are more than just after school or summer camp - we are a community! Our goal is to uplift each other, work together, and provide campers in kindergarten through 5th grade creative and challenging activities. We partner with parents by engaging in consistent communication and providing daily snapshots of their child's day, inviting them to be a part of the camp experience. We embrace a culture of care - physically, emotionally, socially, and intellectually, both in and out of the program. Typical camp duties include:
- Camp Counselors Serve as the Group Leader to the campers, showing enthusiasm in actions and spirit.
- Lead and participate in a variety of camp activities such as games, songs, sports, skits and special events.
- Follow lesson plans provided by the Camp Coordinator/Camp Director/School Principal.
- Supervise children during swim activities; this includes swimming with them, keeping children safe and engaged in the swim/pool activities.
- Serve as a good example and role model to the campers, and maintain an appropriate level of professionalism always.
- Have fun! Counselors' excitement will be contagious to the campers.
- Actively greet parents each day upon drop-off and pick-up times
- Must successfully clear criminal background without exemption.
- Must be at least 19 years of age (25 years of age to drive).
- Must have a high school diploma/GED AND
- Must have completed at least 60 college credit hours with a minimum of 6 college credit hours in courses related to Early Childhood Education, Elementary Education, Physical Education, and Child Development.
- Prior education or Summer Camp experience is a plus, but not required.
- Complies with all state-specific education and licensing standards, and maintains validation of credentials for the position (i.e. professional development).
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. In general, this position requires an individual to frequently walk, stand, sit, squat, stoop, reach, kneel, rise from the floor, twist, listen, read, write, and speak the English language. In addition, this position often requires an individual to carry, lift, use repetitive or fine hand movements, and occasionally push, pull, or bend. This position is regularly required to hear and use clear vision with or without correction.Spring Education Group, including, but not limited to SEG Inc., and their affiliates (collectively "Company") is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants for employment and employees are provided equal employment opportunities, including in recruitment, hiring, and assignment, without regard to actual or perceived race, color, religion and religious creed, sex (including pregnancy and related conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital or familial status, age, national origin, ancestry, disability, genetic information, military/veteran status, or any other classification protected by federal, state, or local law. The Company expressly prohibits any form of unlawful employee or student harassment or discrimination.Other details
- Job Function: Early Childhood Education
- Pay Type: Hourly