Stratford School, a subsidiary of Spring Education Group, a leading independent WASC-accredited private school from preschool through 12th grade was founded with a vision of creating an unique, multi-dimensional, educational foundation for children. At Stratford School, we understand every child has his or her own interests and passions and contributes in his or her own way. Our purpose statement speaks for all of us - "Stratford School - Connecting students to their unique futures." Our proven curricula includes our STEAM-based (Science, Technology, Engineering, Arts, Mathematics) curriculum that was recognized by the White House as a leader in early childhood STEM education. Our steadfast commitment to this vision continues to guide our growth each year. It is the First California school to earn the Carnegie Science Seal of Excellence for STEM.
Stratford Preparatory is seeking qualified candidates for a High School Math Teacher for the 2023-2024 School Year!
What We're Looking For:
At Stratford Preparatory, teachers change lives. They are genuine, curious, passionate, striving, generous and accountable individuals. They nurture, inspire, engage and challenge students, modeling the path to ethical, happy, purposeful lives in a diverse, multicultural, multilinguistic community where the reality and hope of human potential are in action.
In this teaching position, you use your passion for your subject to inspire and teach higher-level content than what is typical of secondary students. You work collaboratively with other teachers to create a learning culture in which diverse perspectives are challenged and tested in an environment of informed thought and collegiality.
As a mathematics teacher, you will present the material preparing our students for higher education and beyond, in a way that will best enhance the student's conceptual understanding and build upon the middle years' foundational math learning. You will collaborate with other teachers to intentionally and systematically connect the mathematics curriculum with students' learning in subjects as diverse as science and social studies. Furthermore, you will develop in the students a quantitative-thinking mindset and appreciation for mathematics as a powerful tool for understanding the world around us, by providing guidance in the application of learned concepts, principles and procedures to real-world situations and problems. Our mathematics teachers are passionate, engaging and innovative, and our students are eager to learn and grow.
- Collaborate with other teachers and staff members to form a community of smart, talented, and creative people who are passionate and willing to work in a professional and academic environment.
- Construct learning experiences and assessments that challenge students, support the diversity of learners in each classroom, and demonstrate a strong commitment to the development of complex knowledge and advanced skills.
- Teach higher-level content than grade standards in creative and interactive ways that display your passion for the subject and educate students at an internationally competitive level.
- Mentor students to foster academic achievement, personal responsibility, and individuality in all students.
- Keep parents informed about the learning of their children, and be proactive in communication with parents.
Our ideal candidate is an experienced professional with the following qualities:
- A bachelor's degree (master's preferred) in a field of study in or related to mathematics
- At least 2+ years of teaching and training experience at the high school or college level.
- Ability to absorb, synthesize and present ideas, texts, and concepts with precision and confidence from diverse disciplines.
- Eagerness to build supportive relationships with students in and beyond the classroom
- A willingness to work actively and collaboratively with colleagues on curriculum development and alignment
- A willingness to try innovative teaching strategies and formats. Ability to implement differentiated learning/instruction as required.
- A commitment to continuous professional growth and an enthusiasm for lifelong learning
- An ability to create and promote an inclusive learning environment
- Strong organizational and time management skills
The Nitty Gritty:
Benefits and Salary: The salary for this position is competitive and dependent on education and experience. Stratford Preparatory, a Spring Education Group school, offers a comprehensive benefits package which includes:
- Career Growth - We believe our people deserve every opportunity to utilize and expand their knowledge and skills, and to share their passions. From our classrooms to central operations, our culture is one of continuous learning, mentorship, and professional advancement in our schools or across our network.
- Retirement - Your future financial well-being is important to us. We offer a solid 401K plan.
- Health Insurance - We want you to have the care you need. We offer three PPO medical plans to choose from, as well as dental and vision insurance.
- Flexible Spending - Because health, childcare, and travel expenses can add up, we offer an FSA that allows for pre-tax dollars to cover medical, dependent care, and transit.
Note: Spring Education Group, including, but not limited to SEG Inc., Stratford Preparatory, and their affiliates (collectively "Company") is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants for employment and employees are provided equal employment opportunities, including in recruitment, hiring, and assignment, without regard to an actual or perceived race, color, religion and religious creed, sex (including pregnancy and related conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital or familial status, age, national origin, ancestry, disability, genetic information, military/veteran status, or any other classification protected by federal, state, or local law. The Company expressly prohibits any form of unlawful employee or student harassment or discrimination.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. In general, this position requires an individual to frequently walk, stand, sit, squat, stoop, reach, kneel, rise from the floor, twist, listen, read, write, and speak the English language. In addition, this position often requires an individual to carry, lift, use repetitive or fine hand movements, and occasionally push, pull, or bend. This position is regularly required to hear and use clear vision with or without correction. Spring Education Group, including, but not limited to SEG Inc., and their affiliates (collectively "Company") is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants for employment and employees are provided equal employment opportunities, including in recruitment, hiring, and assignment, without regard to actual or perceived race, color, religion and religious creed, sex (including pregnancy and related conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital or familial status, age, national origin, ancestry, disability, genetic information, military/veteran status, or any other classification protected by federal, state, or local law. The Company expressly prohibits any form of unlawful employee or student harassment or discrimination.Other details
- Job Function: High School Education
- Pay Type: Salary
- Employment Indicator: Full Time
- Min Hiring Rate: $65,000.00
- Max Hiring Rate: $80,000.00
- Required Education: Bachelor's Degree
- Job Start Date: Monday, July 24, 2023