Spring Education Group is a multi-brand education network of superior private school institutions spanning infant care through high school. The network (currently composed of approximately 220 schools) brings together some of the best private school programs in the country, with proven track records educating children through unique and carefully crafted curricula.
L'Etoile French Immersion School is an independent school accredited by the French Ministry of Educationfor students in preschool through grade 5. Located in the heart of Portland in John's Landing, our approach to learning prepares children to be capable, confident students who are empowered to achieve in both French and English. Our nurturing teachers engender a lifelong passion for learning and instill a respect for cultural traditions around the world.
Experience, Methods and Techniques
- Familiarity with both American and French cultures
- Use of a variety of instructional techniques
- Ability to conduct activities that engage and motivate students
- Native French speaker
- Hold French diploma that allows you to teach in the French school system (Professeur des écoles)
Duties, Responsibilities and Expectations
- Manages an organized and professional classroom
- Maintains complete and accurate records of each student's academic, physical, social, and emotional growth.
- Teaches curriculum based on the French national standards.
- Assesss students regularly, both informally and formally
- Handles stressful situations with patience, understanding, and flexibility.
- Fosters a cooperative and respectful partnership with families:
- Maintains close relationships with parents, communicating on a regular basis.
- Facilitates parent-teacher conferences twice a year, providing written materials as required.
- Encourages parent involvement through classroom observations and volunteer opportunities.
- Leads/participates in at least 3 parent evenings throughout the year.
- Works as part of a cooperative and diverse team of educators and administrators to carry out the goals of L'Etoile:
- Attends, participates in, and contributes to in-service activities and staff meetings.
- Participates in the development of curriculum, and assesses its effectiveness in the classroom.
- Consults Head of School in a timely manner to address the needs of struggling students.
- Collaborates with colleagues to share experience and knowledge.
- Continues intellectual and professional development:
- Observes the classrooms of colleagues as possible.
- Welcomes observation by and feedback from colleagues and other professionals in education and related fields.
- Seeks out and attends workshops, seminars, and courses relating to child development, education, and language acquisition.
- Carries out other duties as assigned.
LEAD CLASSROOM TEACHER - QUALIFICATIONS
All candidates must have:
- Excellent communication skills in English and a native or near-native level of fluency in French.
- Knowledge of language acquisition and language immersion education.
- Successful classroom experience in an early childhood or elementary setting.
- Strong classroom management skills.
- A willingness to go above and beyond to ensure the success of Le Monde students.
- A Bachelor's Degree or its equivalent.
- The ability to demonstrate status as a Highly Qualified Teacher as defined by No Child Left Behind. Candidates without an Oregon State teaching license must have passing scores on the ORELA Multiple Subjects Test or the NES Elementary Education Test.
- Permission to work in the United States.
- The ability to pass a criminal background check clearing them to work in a school setting.
Ideal candidates Lead Classroom Teachers have:
- At least two years of full-time teaching experience as a lead teacher, preferably in a language immersion setting with Elementary-aged children.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. In general, this position requires an individual to frequently walk, stand, sit, squat, stoop, reach, kneel, rise from the floor, twist, listen, read, write, and speak the English language. In addition, this position often requires an individual to carry, lift, use repetitive or fine hand movements, and occasionally push, pull, or bend. This position is regularly required to hear and use clear vision with or without correction.Spring Education Group, including, but not limited to SEG Inc., and their affiliates (collectively "Company") is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants for employment and employees are provided equal employment opportunities, including in recruitment, hiring, and assignment, without regard to actual or perceived race, color, religion and religious creed, sex (including pregnancy and related conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital or familial status, age, national origin, ancestry, disability, genetic information, military/veteran status, or any other classification protected by federal, state, or local law. The Company expressly prohibits any form of unlawful employee or student harassment or discrimination.Other details
- Job Function: Elementary Education
- Pay Type: Salary
- Required Education: Bachelor's Degree
- Job Start Date: Tuesday, August 1, 2023