Spring Education Group's K-12 Division includes nearly 75 schools, with programs spanning Preschool, Elementary, Middle School, and High School. Across all our K-12 schools, the common theme is our dedication to providing high-quality education and delivering superior educational outcomes through a variety of acclaimed pedagogical approaches. Our private elementary schools provide challenging academics, personalized attention for each student, and strong partnerships among parents, teachers, students, and staff. Our proven curricula and our caring community of educators are committed to delivering superior preschool through 12th grade education.
This position works Full Time supporting the campus with transporting children, parents, and Spring Education Group staff by driving a passenger van to and from the school, and to and from special outings/field trips while adhering to driving regulations and providing a safe vehicle.
This person will also support the campus with lunch and after school supervision of students. Compensation:
- Provides a safe vehicle by observing visual defects; checking operating systems including brakes, horn, windshield wipers, lights, extended stop arms, emergency flasher, and door-opening devices using a monthly bus safety checklist.
- Maintains communications with school/Principal by verifying battery strength of cellular telephone; checking-in with school/Principal.
- Transports children to school by picking up children at assigned stops; instructing children when it is safe to board the vehicle; observing children hurrying to the pick-up site so no one is left behind.
- Maintains safe conditions while traveling by enforcing safety and discipline rules; reporting unruly children to school administration; completing incident reports.
- Teaches children safety procedures by reminding them to cross the road in front of the vehicle; conducting practice evacuation routes.
- Uses and maintains a daily student attendance bus log, including the Face to Name procedure.
- Conducts end-of-day safety and security check by inspecting and locking the vehicle.
- Implements emergency plan in the event of an accident by notifying police and/or ambulance service; administering first-aid until help arrives; initiating evacuation plan; comforting children; filing an accident report.
- Provides transportation to and from special events and outings by driving students, SEG staff, and parents.
- Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading transportation safety journals.
- CDL required for the vehicle driver
- Driver is subject to SEG and state/federal policies, procedures, and requirements (including drug testing).
- Attends local or regional training and development sessions as required.
ESSENTIAL SKILLS & EXPERIENCE:
- Driving record acceptable to SEG.
- High School diplomas or equivalent (GED) required.
- Drivers of school buses must have a commercial driver's license with passenger and school bus endorsements. (To get the school bus endorsement, you must pass a knowledge test. You must also pass a skills test required for the class of school bus you drive or intend to drive.)
- Minimum of one (1) year experience.
- Must be 23 years of age or older.
- The ability to work independently is a material part of the job, requiring a significant level of diplomacy, confidentiality, and trust.
- Communicates frequently and respectfully with children directly, in child-friendly tones, and on their level.
- The ability to read and translate maps into written directions, and vice versa.
- Exhibits strong interpersonal and communication skills. Creates a responsive and productive working relationship with children, parents, teachers, and other staff by communicating clearly and concisely.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. In general, this position requires an individual to frequently walk, stand, sit, squat, stoop, reach, kneel, rise from the floor, twist, listen, read, write, and speak the English language. In addition, this position often requires an individual to carry, lift, use repetitive or fine hand movements, and occasionally push, pull, or bend. This position is regularly required to hear and use clear vision with or without correction.Spring Education Group, including, but not limited to SEG Inc., and their affiliates (collectively "Company") is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants for employment and employees are provided equal employment opportunities, including in recruitment, hiring, and assignment, without regard to actual or perceived race, color, religion and religious creed, sex (including pregnancy and related conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital or familial status, age, national origin, ancestry, disability, genetic information, military/veteran status, or any other classification protected by federal, state, or local law. The Company expressly prohibits any form of unlawful employee or student harassment or discrimination.Other details
- Job Function: Elementary Education
- Pay Type: Hourly
- Min Hiring Rate: $17.00
- Max Hiring Rate: $25.00