Spring Education Group's K-12 Division includes nearly 75 schools, with programs spanning Preschool, Elementary, Middle School, and High School. Across all our K-12 schools, the common theme is our dedication to providing high-quality education and delivering superior educational outcomes through a variety of acclaimed pedagogical approaches. Our private elementary schools provide challenging academics, personalized attention for each student, and strong partnerships among parents, teachers, students, and staff. Our proven curricula and our caring community of educators are committed to delivering superior preschool through 12th grade education.
Employment Status: Part Time
Location: 130 Towne Village Drive, Cary NC 27513
Compensation: $20 - $22 per hour
Lifeguards will help maintain a safe and fun environment both in and around the pool during summer camp. Positions are for the summer camp season and are part-time.
- Remain stationed at opposite ends or sides of the pool at all times.
- Follow the 5-5-5 rule of stand for 5 minutes, sit for 5 minutes, and walk for 5 minutes.
- Does not sit, stand or walk any further than 1 foot away from the pools edge at any time.
- Keep all children in the pool area within visual sight at all times.
- Lock the pool area at any time when there is no lifeguard present in the pool area.
- Supervise all children scheduled to be in the pool area for class swim times and swim lessons.
- Ensure that children are scheduled for swim lessons and are brought to and from the pool.
- Begin all lessons on time and ensure that children are given a full ½ hour semi-private lesson.
- Arrive at the pool on time to meet the camp counselor and campers when arriving to the pool area.
- Ensure that camp children are taken from the pool area by their camp counselor and are not alone.
- Check the pool chemicals daily and keep a daily record of these pool inspections.
- Check the filter traps and clear any rocks or other debris from the bottom of the pool.
- Maintain cleanliness of the pool area and remove any items and articles that are left behind by students.
- Minimum one (1) year Lifeguard experience.
- Certification as a Lifeguard essential.
- CPR certification and prior lifeguard experience.
- Must be 18 years of age.
- CPO certification a plus.
- Exhibits strong interpersonal and communication skills. Creates a responsive and productive working relationship with parents, children, teachers, other staff and the local community through remaining accessible and communicating clearly and concisely.
- Utilizes technology to effectively communicate with staff, parents and the administrative team.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. In general, this position requires an individual to frequently walk, stand, sit, squat, stoop, reach, kneel, rise from the floor, twist, listen, read, write, and speak the English language. In addition, this position often requires an individual to carry, lift, use repetitive or fine hand movements, and occasionally push, pull, or bend. This position is regularly required to hear and use clear vision with or without correction.Spring Education Group, including, but not limited to SEG Inc., and their affiliates (collectively "Company") is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants for employment and employees are provided equal employment opportunities, including in recruitment, hiring, and assignment, without regard to actual or perceived race, color, religion and religious creed, sex (including pregnancy and related conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital or familial status, age, national origin, ancestry, disability, genetic information, military/veteran status, or any other classification protected by federal, state, or local law. The Company expressly prohibits any form of unlawful employee or student harassment or discrimination.Other details
- Job Function: Elementary Education
- Pay Type: Hourly
- Min Hiring Rate: $20.00
- Max Hiring Rate: $22.00