Laurel Springs School, a subsidiary of Spring Education Group, a WASC-accredited school, is a pioneer in online private school education since 1991. Laurel Springs provides flexible and personalized learning experiences online for students in kindergarten through 12th grade and beyond.
The Dean of Communtity Engagement is responsible for the development and enhancement of, and communication connected to Laurel Springs' Social Community. Supervising a team, the Dean of Student Engagement ensures meaningful and engaging, student-centered extracurricular and experiential learning opportunities are delivered across grades K-12. The Dean of Community Engagement is a thought leader within the School who helps to identify strategic initiatives and develop plans of implementation. This dynamic, forward-thinking leader collaborates with departments across the school and reports directly to the Assistant Head of School.
- Serve as a leader with a management style and philosophy that is consistent with the mission and vision of the School.
- Assist in the creation and implementation of policies consistent with the school philosophy and with Laurel Springs School initiatives.
- Promote a positive school culture focused on the unique needs and educational environment of online students.
- Work collaboratively across departments and with school leaders to project manage initiatives.
- Stay informed on innovative practices and programs relevant to the Social Community that foster and promote student and parent engagement with the school and each other.
- Oversee all projects and initiatives in the Social Community, ensuring that they are student-centered, engaging, and connected to the mission and vision of the school.
- Develop travel programs that focus on experiential learning, cultural immersion, and/or authentic connections.
- Represent the school on trips and at events (in-person and virtual), in meetings, and at conferences.
- Participate in virtual open houses, onboardings, and other opportunities supporting the school.
- Create and manage social community communications.
- Manage and supervise the Student Engagement Managers.
- Assist with other duties as assigned.
Experience & Credentials:
- Master's Degree in Education or equivalent is required.
- 3 to 5 years of successful implementation of new programs with strong project management skills.
- 3 to 5 years of supervisory experience.
- Experience in domestic and international travel with students preferred.
- Analytical, interpretive, evaluative, and constructive thinking skills required.
Communication &Interpersonal Skills:
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Creative problem-solving.
- Highly organized.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. In general, this position requires an individual to frequently walk, stand, sit, squat, stoop, reach, kneel, rise from the floor, twist, listen, read, write, and speak the English language. In addition, this position often requires an individual to carry, lift, use repetitive or fine hand movements, and occasionally push, pull, or bend. This position is regularly required to hear and use clear vision with or without correction.Spring Education Group, including, but not limited to SEG Inc., and their affiliates (collectively "Company") is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants for employment and employees are provided equal employment opportunities, including in recruitment, hiring, and assignment, without regard to actual or perceived race, color, religion and religious creed, sex (including pregnancy and related conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital or familial status, age, national origin, ancestry, disability, genetic information, military/veteran status, or any other classification protected by federal, state, or local law. The Company expressly prohibits any form of unlawful employee or student harassment or discrimination.Other details
- Job Function: Online Private School
- Pay Type: Salary
- Employment Indicator: Full Time
- Travel Required: Yes
- Travel %: 20
- Required Education: Bachelor's Degree