Laurel Springs School, a subsidiary of Spring Education Group, a WASC-accredited school, is a pioneer in online private school education since 1991. Laurel Springs provides flexible and personalized learning experiences online for students in kindergarten through 12th grade and beyond.
The Academy at Laurel Springs School is seeking a talented long-term substitute Academy College Counselor. Ranked as one of the best online private schools in America, Laurel Springs' school experiences help pave each student's learning path and pace.
Fostering a lifelong love of learning, Laurel Springs encourages engagement beyond the classroom through a broad range of clubs and activities, enables cross-cultural collaboration across its diverse student body, and nurtures personal growth within each student as they discover and pursue their individual passions and talents.
The Academy College Counselor is responsible for programming that supports and promotes student academic and social development. This position requires wide exposure, experience, and proficiency in catering to the needs of the school and students.
**This is a long-term substitute position from April 2023, to August 2023**
- Support programs known in the educational arena to accommodate circumstances that are unique to the diverse school population while ensuring ethical review and documentation of student requirements on an official transcript.
- Ensure that students are meeting academic standards and requirements for grade level promotion, graduation, and college acceptance.
- Establish and maintain cooperative working relationships with students and guardians through meaningful and frequent communications via email, telephone, and video conferencing.
- Lead live and recorded webinar sessions, events, and activities which focus on supporting students' academic, college-career, and social-emotional development.
- Create meaningful communications, such as newsletters, that focus on needs specific to the population of students on a regular basis.
- Provide support for students, parents, staff, and teachers within the school community during office hours.
- Engage in phone/video contact with prospective families who are engaged in the admissions process.
- Participate in Year-End Celebrations and other onsite and virtual school-wide events and activities.
- Perform other counseling-related duties as assigned.
Essential Skills & Experience:
- School counseling certification, Master's degree required.
- 3+ years of experience teaching or working in a school setting supporting specifically - middle school, upper school, and/or college counseling.
- Experience implementing group programs with measurable objectives.
- Possesses basic math skills and experience using Google Suite and Naviance.
- Analytical, interpretive, evaluative, and constructive thinking skills required.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Highly organized.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. In general, this position requires an individual to frequently walk, stand, sit, squat, stoop, reach, kneel, rise from the floor, twist, listen, read, write, and speak the English language. In addition, this position often requires an individual to carry, lift, use repetitive or fine hand movements, and occasionally push, pull, or bend. This position is regularly required to hear and use clear vision with or without correction.Spring Education Group, including, but not limited to SEG Inc., and their affiliates (collectively "Company") is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants for employment and employees are provided equal employment opportunities, including in recruitment, hiring, and assignment, without regard to actual or perceived race, color, religion and religious creed, sex (including pregnancy and related conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital or familial status, age, national origin, ancestry, disability, genetic information, military/veteran status, or any other classification protected by federal, state, or local law. The Company expressly prohibits any form of unlawful employee or student harassment or discrimination.Other details
- Job Function: Online Private School
- Pay Type: Salary
- Employment Indicator: Temp
- Travel Required: No
- Required Education: Master's Degree