Stratford School, a subsidiary of Spring Education Group, a leading independent WASC-accredited private school from preschool through 12th grade was founded with a vision of creating an unique, multi-dimensional, educational foundation for children. At Stratford School, we understand every child has his or her own interests and passions and contributes in his or her own way. Our purpose statement speaks for all of us - "Stratford School - Connecting students to their unique futures." Our proven curricula includes our STEAM-based (Science, Technology, Engineering, Arts, Mathematics) curriculum that was recognized by the White House as a leader in early childhood STEM education. Our steadfast commitment to this vision continues to guide our growth each year. It is the First California school to earn the Carnegie Science Seal of Excellence for STEM.
Are you a passionate educator who can ignite a fire within your students, inspiring them to become lifelong learners, ultimately making a positive impact on each child's unique educational journey?
- Develop classroom resources and a physical environment that support students and their learning.
- Create & cultivate a responsive learning environment.
- Lead a well-planned, purposeful learning experience.
- Collaborate with school teams to positively impact students' outcomes.
- Advocate for and engage students, families, and the community in support of improved students' achievement.
- Demonstrate self-awareness, reflect on practice with self and others, and act on feedback.
We are more than just a school - we are a community! Our goal is to uplift each other, work together, and uphold our guiding educational philosophy, providing the perfect balance of learning and play®. If you value a career in an educational community of extraordinary professionals, join ours!
The Early Preschool Teacher is responsible for a classroom of children 2 - 3 years of age. You will provide a nurturing and safe environment working collaboratively with your partner Teacher to ensure the successful operation of a classroom. You will demonstrate good judgement in the care with each child assigned to you. You will verbally engage the children throughout the day in addition to incorporating activities.
Employment Status: Full Time, Year Round (12 months)
Hours: Monday - Friday 8 AM - 5 PM
Location: 2425 19th Avenue, San Francisco, 94116
Compensation: $22.00 - $28.00 per hour
- Creates a nurturing, responsive environment that promotes positive and development of social and emotional competencies.
- Communicate daily with parents.
- Be alert at all times by providing proper visual supervision.
- Abide by all local licensing agency regulations as well as Stratford Schools safety protocols.
- Responsible for the ordered arrangement, appearance, and décor of the classroom environment. This will include sharing the joint housekeeping responsibilities of the staff.
- Monitor and assess student progress. Maintain close communication with the principal and parents regarding student issues, conferencing as deemed necessary.
- Perform daily tasks and responsibilities with integrity, making effective use of time schedules, and taking the initiative to complete tasks.
- Participates in assigned meetings, events and training as required.
- Maintain confidentiality in regard to staff and family information.
- Be present at work in order to provide consistency of services.
- Be a contributory team member in a positive/productive manner.
- Treat all children with dignity and respect.
- Demonstrate patience and self-control in dealing with students and staff.
- Display energy and enthusiasm, maintaining evident interest in the job.
- Contribute and share ideas freely with other staff members.
- Use appropriate language in and out of the classroom.
- Appropriately dressed, well-groomed, and neat.
The ideal candidate will be a caring individual who enjoys teaching young children with the ability to lift up to 30 pounds.
Have a GED or H.S. diploma and have completed the minimum 12 semester or 18 quarter Early Childhood coursework required by the state of California. One course must include Infant/Toddler Development
Must pass physical exam, TB test, Criminal Record Clearance and Fingerprints and all other California license requirements.
At least six months of experience working in child care, daycare, or preschool preferred
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. In general, this position requires an individual to frequently walk, stand, sit, squat, stoop, reach, kneel, rise from the floor, twist, listen, read, write, and speak the English language. In addition, this position often requires an individual to carry, lift, use repetitive or fine hand movements, and occasionally push, pull, or bend. This position is regularly required to hear and use clear vision with or without correction.Spring Education Group, including, but not limited to SEG Inc., and their affiliates (collectively "Company") is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants for employment and employees are provided equal employment opportunities, including in recruitment, hiring, and assignment, without regard to actual or perceived race, color, religion and religious creed, sex (including pregnancy and related conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital or familial status, age, national origin, ancestry, disability, genetic information, military/veteran status, or any other classification protected by federal, state, or local law. The Company expressly prohibits any form of unlawful employee or student harassment or discrimination.Other details
- Job Function: Early Childhood Education
- Pay Type: Hourly
- Min Hiring Rate: $22.00
- Max Hiring Rate: $28.00
- Required Education: Some College