Stratford School, a subsidiary of Spring Education Group, a leading independent WASC-accredited private school from preschool through 12th grade was founded with a vision of creating an unique, multi-dimensional, educational foundation for children. At Stratford School, we understand every child has his or her own interests and passions and contributes in his or her own way. Our purpose statement speaks for all of us - "Stratford School - Connecting students to their unique futures." Our proven curricula includes our STEAM-based (Science, Technology, Engineering, Arts, Mathematics) curriculum that was recognized by the White House as a leader in early childhood STEM education. Our steadfast commitment to this vision continues to guide our growth each year. It is the First California school to earn the Carnegie Science Seal of Excellence for STEM.
Stratford School, part of the Spring Education Group family of schools, is seeking passionate educators who ignite a fire within their students, inspiring them to become lifelong learners, ultimately making a positive impact on each child's unique educational journey.
Stratford School is growing! We are excited to offer you an opportunity to join our campus family at our San Francisco campus as a Preschool Science Floater Teacher.Employment Status:
Year-Round (12 months), Monday - Friday 8 AM - 5 PMLocation:
2425 19th Avenue, San Francisco, CA Compensation:
$23.00 - $29.00 per hour
The Preschool Science Floater teacher will report directly to the campus each day and will serve as a science teacher for several classrooms per week. The person selected for this position will also be responsible to serve as a floater and assist the classroom teachers in the general supervision and management of a classroom of children, or provide assistance to the principal as needed. General Responsibilities:
• Teach Preschool Science
• Assist in the classroom and/or office as needed.
• Special duties as assigned by the supervising principal.
• If a teaching position becomes available during the school year, the floater teacher is the first teacher assigned to the classroom.
• Planning, supervising, and implementing the curriculum in accordance with Stratford School policies and procedures.
• Being responsible for the ordered arrangement, appearance, and décor of the classroom environment. This will include sharing the joint housekeeping responsibilities of the staff.
• Attend all staff meetings and in-house training programs.
• Participation in all school events, including but not limited to: Parent/Student Orientation, Winter Programs, Spring Open House, Student Back-to-School Night, Parent Workshops. Parent Conferences
• Regularly maintain a classroom bulletin board displaying student artwork.
• Monitor and assess student progress. Maintain close communication with the director and parent regarding student issues, conferencing as deemed necessary.
• Submit weekly lesson plans to the director.
• Establish a non-punitive method of classroom discipline, seeking positive rather than negative methods to correct student behavior.Educational Requirement:
Educational background with early childhood units shall include 12 semester or 18 quarter courses that cover the general areas of child growth and development, child, family, and community, and program/curriculum or a Bachelors of Child Development is needed for this opportunity.
Must successfully clear criminal background without exemption.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. In general, this position requires an individual to frequently walk, stand, sit, squat, stoop, reach, kneel, rise from the floor, twist, listen, read, write, and speak the English language. In addition, this position often requires an individual to carry, lift, use repetitive or fine hand movements, and occasionally push, pull, or bend. This position is regularly required to hear and use clear vision with or without correction.Spring Education Group, including, but not limited to SEG Inc., and their affiliates (collectively "Company") is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants for employment and employees are provided equal employment opportunities, including in recruitment, hiring, and assignment, without regard to actual or perceived race, color, religion and religious creed, sex (including pregnancy and related conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital or familial status, age, national origin, ancestry, disability, genetic information, military/veteran status, or any other classification protected by federal, state, or local law. The Company expressly prohibits any form of unlawful employee or student harassment or discrimination.Other details
- Job Function: Early Childhood Education
- Pay Type: Hourly
- Employment Indicator: Full Time
- Min Hiring Rate: $23.00
- Max Hiring Rate: $29.00
- Travel Required: No
- Required Education: Some College