Lifeguards will help maintain a safe and fun environment both in and around the pool during summer camp.
- Remain stationed at opposite ends or sides of the pool at all times.
- Follow the 5-5-5 rule of stand for 5 minutes, sit for 5 minutes, and walk for 5 minutes.
- Our Lifeguard does not sit, stand, or walk any further than 1 foot away from the edge of the pool at any time.
- Keep all children in the pool area within visual sight at all times.
- Lock the pool area at any time when there is no lifeguard present in the pool area.
- Supervise all children scheduled to be in the pool area for class swim times and swim lessons.
- Ensure that children are scheduled for swim lessons and are brought to and from the pool.
- Begin all lessons on time.
- Ensure swimming lessons are effective, safe, and fun
- Arrive at the pool on time to meet the camp counselor and campers when arriving at the pool area.
- Ensure that children are taken from the pool area by their camp counselor and are not alone.
- Check the pool chemicals daily and keep a daily record of these pool inspections.
- Check the filter traps and clear any rocks or other debris from the bottom of the pool.
- Maintain cleanliness of the pool area and remove any items and articles that are left behind by students.
ESSENTIAL SKILLS & EXPERIENCE:
- Minimum one (1) year of Lifeguard experience.
- Certification as a Lifeguard essential.
- CPR certification and prior lifeguard experience.
- Must be 18 years of age.
- CPO certification a plus.
- Exhibits strong interpersonal and communication skills. Creates a responsive and productive working relationship with parents, children, teachers, other staff, and the local community through remaining accessible and communicating clearly and concisely.
- Utilizes technology to effectively communicate with staff, parents, and the administrative team.