Preschool Assistant Teacher (Temporary Assignment)
This job posting is no longer active.
Category: Early Childhood
School: Park Maitland School
Location: Winter Park, FL
Date Opened: Jan 10, 2023
Job ID: 16714
The Preschool Assistant Teacher creates, manages, and participates in a variety of learning environments and activities that provide opportunities for students to develop to their fullest potential and achieve their learning objectives. The Assistant Teacher participates collaboratively and professionally with other teachers and staff to promote the general well-being of the school, and the collective/individual interest of its staff and student body.
This is a temporary assignment lasting approximately 2 - 3 months.
- Assists the Lead Teacher/Teacher with the implementation of the Park Maitland’s standardized early age curriculum in accordance with directives and guidelines for implementation and demonstrates an understanding of school's educational programs (e.g. Links to Learning, behavioral management, parent reports, etc.)
- Meets and greet children/parents each day in a warm and friendly tone upon arrival and departure
- Encourages students' positive self-image and supports individuality independence, and creative expression while encouraging diversity and varying viewpoints that reflect the local and global communities
- Uses circle time and centers according to lesson plans and provides a balance of activities (indoor/outdoor, large group/small group, etc)
- Assists in creating an educational setting that incorporates individual students' learning, physical and emotional needs by providing materials and activities that encourage exploration and aid them in developing social skills, problem-solving skills, and new ways of thinking
- Maintains a safe and healthy environment, both indoors and outdoors, following all rules and procedures of the school and company as well as state licensing standards
- Ensures that hazardous objects are out of reach of children.
- Provides full supervision of children and maintains ratios at all times, keeps attendance records of children throughout the day
- Disinfects mats, toys and other classroom materials weekly or as required
- Serves food and monitors children observing food intake and needs of children
- Establishes and maintains cooperation with other staff and high level of respect in tone and manner
- Maintains confidentiality regarding staff, children, and families as well as Park Maitland management and operations
- Attends staff meetings, training's and other school functions as required and requested
- Accountable for playground duty supervision, ensuring that children remain in the playground, are playing safely on equipment, and report back inside with their class when instructed to do so
- Assists in planning class parties, field trips, and implementing extended before and after school activities
- Performs all other duties as assigned
Experience & Credentials:
High School diploma or equivalent (GED) required
Must be 18 years of age or older
Currently enrolled or willing to complete Early Childhood Education units within one year of employment
Two-year degree in Early Childhood Education preferred
Meets minimum preparation and experience required for certification as an Early Childhood Education Teacher
Complies with all state education and licensing standards, and maintains validation of credentials for the position (i.e. professional development)
Previous experience as an Early Childhood Education Teacher, in a licensed preschool or early development center.