Elementary Extended Day Teacher
Category: Elementary Education
School: Stratford School
Location: San Jose, CA
Date Opened: Jan 6, 2023
Job ID: 16704
Description The person selected for this position will be responsible for carrying out all the duties necessary for the day-to-day elementary extended care operations. The Extended Day Teacher is responsible to supervise students by sight and sound and ensure their health and safety at all times.Employment Status: Part Time,10 months Hours: Monday – Friday 3 pm - 6 PM.Location: Stratford School - 5200 Dent Avenue, San Jose, CA, 95118Compensation: $17.00 - $21.00 per hourDuties & Responsibilities:
Skills/Knowledge/Education:At least 18 years of ageHigh school graduate or GED
- Supervises students to ensure their safety at all times.
- Plan and organize after-school arts and crafts, games, and outdoor activities.
- Monitor and assist children going to the bathroom.
- Monitor and assist children using the drinking faucet.
- Monitor and maintain the proper teacher-to-student ratio.
- Help with general housekeeping tasks as needed.
- Keep the auditorium neatly presented with shelving units free of clutter.
- Assist in supervision during outdoor play. Supervise and interact with students during outdoor playtime.
- Assist in overall classroom behavior under the direct supervision of the principal.
- Responsible for the safe supervision and care of students by focusing complete and undivided attention on students, and keeping them within visual range at all times.
- Maintain professional attitude and loyalty to the school at all times.
- Treat all children with dignity and respect, showing patience at all times.
- Attend all staff meetings and training programs.
- Maintain a friendly and positive attitude toward students, parents, staff, and administration.
- Cooperate in the maintenance of interpersonal relationships, refrain from complaining and gossiping.
- Alert to the needs of others, students and co-workers.
- Punctual and reliable. Absence from work is limited only to emergencies and illness. Display passion, energy, and enthusiasm for job.
- Use appropriate language in and out of the classroom.
- Appropriately dressed, well groomed, and neat.
- Perform daily task and responsibilities with integrity.