Elementary Science Teacher (3rd - 5th grade)
Category: Elementary Education
School: The Sagemont School
Location: Weston, FL
Date Opened: Dec 15, 2022
Job ID: 16466
Description At our Sagemont School in Weston, FL campus we are seeking an Elementary Teacher to teacher our Science curriculum to our 3rd through 5th grade students. Duties & Responsibilities:
Skills/Knowledge/Education:Prior to being hired, a teacher shall have a BA or BS degree from an accredited or approved college or university. A transcript and/or copy of the degree from the approved university/college must verify the coursework.Prior work experience in a elementary classroom setting is preferre
- Be alert at all times by providing proper visual supervision.
- Abide by all Sagemont safety protocols.
- Plan, supervise, and implement the curriculum in accordance with policies and procedures.
- Responsible for the ordered arrangement, appearance, and décor of the classroom environment. This will include sharing the joint housekeeping responsibilities of the staff.
- Attend all staff meetings, including quarterly grade-level meetings, and in-house training programs.
- Regularly maintains classroom bulletin boards displaying all aspects of the curriculum.
- Monitor and assess student progress. Maintain close communication with the lower school director and parents regarding student issues, conferencing as deemed necessary.
- Submit weekly lesson plans to the director.
- Establish our non-punitive method of classroom discipline, seeking positive rather than negative methods to correct student behavior.
- Participation in all school events
- Perform daily tasks and responsibilities with integrity, making effective use of time schedules and not requiring constant reminders to complete tasks.
- Treat all children with dignity and respect.
- Demonstrate patience and self-control in dealing with students and staff.
- Display energy and enthusiasm, maintaining evident interest in the job.
- Contribute and share ideas freely with other staff members.
- Use appropriate language in and out of the classroom.
- Appropriately dressed, well groomed, and neat.