The Sagemont School is currently seeking a Mathematics teacher supporting our Middle and High school students. Coursework to include, Geometry Honors, Geometry, Pre-calculus Honors and Math 7. As a Sagemont teacher, you must be enthusiastic, warm and have excellent communication skills. You must be able to explain complex concepts in an engaging way to our students. We’re also looking for someone who can work independently and prioritize tasks according to their importance. If you’re passionate about teaching, we want to hear from you.Responsibilities:
Our ideal candidate is an experienced professional with the following qualities:
- Educate students in advanced mathematics topics
- Being responsible for the ordered arrangement, appearance, and décor of the classroom environment. This will include sharing the joint housekeeping responsibilities of the staff.
- Attend all staff meetings and in-house training programs
- Monitor and assess student progress.
- Maintain close communication with the principal and parent regarding student issues, conferencing as deemed necessary.
- Submit weekly lesson plans to the principal.
- Establish a non-punitive method of classroom discipline, seeking positive rather than negative methods to correct student behavior
- Participation in all school events, including but not limited to: Parent/Student Orientation, Spring/Winter Programs, Student Back-to-School Night, Parent Conferences, School and Department Meetings, and Teacher Training
A bachelor’s degree (master’s preferred) in a field of study in or related to mathematics
At least 2+ years of teaching and training experience at the middle school level.
Ability to absorb, synthesize and present ideas, texts, and concepts with precision and confidence from diverse disciplines.
Eagerness to build supportive relationships with students in and beyond the classroom
A willingness to work actively and collaboratively with colleagues on curriculum development and alignment
A willingness to try innovative teaching strategies and formats. Ability to implement differentiated learning/instruction as required.
A commitment to continuous professional growth and an enthusiasm for lifelong learning
An ability to create and promote an inclusive learning environment
Strong organizational and time management skills