The Physical Education Teacher is to oversee all aspects of the athletic programs at the Stratford School San Francisco 14th Ave campus. Candidates should have a strong physical education and fitness background with an equally strong commitment to student development and success. The position will involve teaching elementary level students. The successful applicant will be a motivated individual with a keen interest in encouraging and inspiring students.
This is a part time position working with Kindergarten through 3rd grade with an hourly range between $28.00 - $32.00.
Essential Job Functions:
- Plan, prepare and deliver creative and effective instructional and interactive lesson plans that teach co-ed sports, team building, skill development and cooperative games that lead to active learning experiences that enhance a student’s knowledge of physical education
- Set up equipment prior to class
- Provides appropriate safety instruction and supervision at all times.
- Assess each student’s progress in physical fitness, skills and knowledge; prepare, document and communicate progress reports to students, parents, and school administration
- Participation in all school athletic events and other special events as needed
- Provide time to mentor and assist students who may need extra help
- Know all athletic standards and requirements for young children, including the basic rules of sports and safety standards for each student
- Establish a non-punitive method of sustaining sportsmanship, seeking positive rather than negative methods to correct student behavior
- Submit weekly lesson plans to the principal
- Responsible for procurement, maintenance, and inventory of the P.E. equipment
- Participate in departmental level meetings and professional development activities
- Maintain certification in First Aid, CPR, and concussion awareness
- Ability to project a positive and professional image at all times
- Demonstrate patience and self-control in dealing with students and staff
- Perform other duties as assigned
High School Diploma or GED Completed
At least four years of relevant experience in an athletics-related role in an elementary education environment.
Capacity to meet the physical demands of the role.