The Early Preschool Teacher is responsible for a classroom of children 2 - 3 years of age. You will provide a nurturing and safe environment working collaboratively with your partner Teacher to ensure the successful operation of a classroom. You will demonstrate good judgement in the care with each child assigned to you. You will verbally engage the children throughout the day in addition to incorporating activities.
Employment Status: Full Time, Year Round (12 months)
Hours: Monday - Friday 8 AM - 5 PM
Location: 2425 19th Avenue, San Francisco, 94116
- Creates a nurturing, responsive environment that promotes positive and development of social and emotional competencies.
- Communicate daily with parents.
- Be alert at all times by providing proper visual supervision.
- Abide by all local licensing agency regulations as well as Stratford Schools safety protocols.
- Responsible for the ordered arrangement, appearance, and décor of the classroom environment. This will include sharing the joint housekeeping responsibilities of the staff.
- Monitor and assess student progress. Maintain close communication with the principal and parents regarding student issues, conferencing as deemed necessary.
- Perform daily tasks and responsibilities with integrity, making effective use of time schedules, and taking the initiative to complete tasks.
- Participates in assigned meetings, events and training as required.
- Maintain confidentiality in regard to staff and family information.
- Be present at work in order to provide consistency of services.
- Be a contributory team member in a positive/productive manner.
- Treat all children with dignity and respect.
- Demonstrate patience and self-control in dealing with students and staff.
- Display energy and enthusiasm, maintaining evident interest in the job.
- Contribute and share ideas freely with other staff members.
- Use appropriate language in and out of the classroom.
- Appropriately dressed, well-groomed, and neat.
The ideal candidate will be a caring individual who enjoys teaching young children with the ability to lift up to 30 pounds.
Have a GED or H.S. diploma and have completed the minimum 12 semester or 18 quarter Early Childhood coursework required by the state of California. One course must include Infant/Toddler Development
Must pass physical exam, TB test, Criminal Record Clearance and Fingerprints and all other California license requirements.
At least six months of experience working in child care, daycare, or preschool preferred