The Mandarin Preschool Teacher will work as part of a team to develop a plan of instruction appropriate for students from preschool to Kindergarten with an emphasis on vocabulary, listening, speaking, reading, and writing. This person must be professionally prepared to teach Mandarin to young children.
This is a long term assignment to cover a Preschool Mandarin classroom.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Plan, supervise, and implement the Mandarin curriculum in accordance with Stratford School policies and procedures.
- Collaborate with the other Mandarin teachers to plan and implement the Mandarin curriculum for students.
- Fluent and accurate written and verbal skills and in-depth knowledge of Mandarin culture as it relates to the curriculum.
- Responsible for maintenance and inventory of the Mandarin curriculum at your campus.
- Attend all staff meetings and in-house training programs.
- Participation in all school events and other special events as needed
- Monitor, document, and assess student progress. Maintain close communication with the principal and parents regarding student progress and issues, and conference as deemed necessary.
- Submit weekly lesson plans to your principal.
- Contribute a monthly section to the school newsletter.
- Establish a non-punitive method of seeking positive rather than negative methods to correct student behavior.
- Assist in other duties as assigned by the principal, including morning arrival and departure procedures.
- Perform daily tasks and responsibilities with integrity, making effective use of time schedules and not requiring constant reminders to complete tasks.
- Treat all children with dignity and respect.
- Demonstrate patience and self-control in dealing with students and staff.
- Display energy and enthusiasm, maintaining evident interest in the job.
- Contribute and share ideas freely with other staff members.
- Use appropriate language in and out of the classroom.
Educational background with early childhood units shall include courses that cover the general areas of child growth and development, child, family, and community, and program/curriculum or a Bachelors of Child Development is needed for this opportunity.
Must successfully clear criminal background without exemption.
Mandarin fluency is a must for this position.