The Academy Education Manager is an integral member of the Academy administrative team. They will work closely with the Dean of Academy and the Academy Academic Department Chair to imagine, create and implement unique programming. The primary responsibilities of the Academy Education Manager are to oversee synchronous programs, manage cyclical projects, provide logistical support, collaborate with leaders and ensure quality assurance. This is a remote position, however, you may spend up to 25% of the calendar year traveling to in person events and meetings.
- Coordinates and manages all 6-12 synchronous programs in the Academy, including, but not limited to, Workshops, Symposium and the Parent Speaker Series.
- Manages current projects and implements new projects as requested by the Dean of Academy.
- Monitors teacher availability and is responsible for course staffing.
- Identifies and interviews teacher candidates to make recommendations for hire and onboards new teachers.
- Develops teacher training materials and will create and monitor a teacher training program for the Academy.
- Provides logistical support to the Dean of Academy and Academy Academic Department Chair.
- Reviews potential vendors for Academy programming partnerships.
- Works with partners and vendors to provide rigorous and unique programming for the Academy.
- Supports the Academy student retention process.
- Uses technology to collect and analyze data connected to the Academy, interprets results and communicates findings to the Dean of Academy.
- Identifies and supports speakers for presentations in the Academy.
- Collaborates with Academy administration to resolve student and parent issues connected to Academy programming.
- Collaborates with colleagues and other managers across the Education Department in support of accreditation goals and assists with preparation for, and participates in, accreditation reviews.
- Collaborates with the Student Engagement Department to create unique and innovative learning and social experiences for students.
- Collaborates with content area Academic Department Chairs to inform The Academy curriculum guidelines so that they reflect national standards and current educational research.
- Supports the strategic plan for the Academy at Laurel Springs.
- Contributes to presentations created for the Board of Directors and others interested in LSS educational programs, when requested.
- Ensures and maintains appropriate pedagogical practices within the Academy.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Essential Skills & Experience:
- Master’s degree preferred.
- 5+ years’ experience in education; online experience preferred.
- Project Management experience preferred.
- Leadership experience in the field of education is preferred, particularly in program design and implementation.
- Must possess excellent communication skills in both written and in the virtual environment.
- Is comfortable with testing new technologies and implementing digital programs.
- Must be highly organized.
- Must be a proven team player who can build relationships with various stakeholders.