Are you passionate about using customer research to drive user experience on the web? Do you have experience in high-touch industries such as education? Spring Education Group has a great opportunity for a UI/UX Researcher/Designer to support our brick-and-mortar schools on the web. You’ll work closely with subject-matter experts, school administrators, and internal stakeholders to build research-backed user experiences that move the needle and engage both currently enrolled families and prospective families online.
What you'll be accountable for:
- Facilitating Spring Education Group’s web vision by researching, conceiving, sketching, prototyping, and user-testing experiences for the digital platform and products
- Conduct user research, interviews, and surveys, and use the information to create customer journey maps, wireframes, and prototypes
- Create user-centered designs that drive business metrics (ex. conversion rate, engagement)
- Take a user-centered design approach and rapidly test and iterate your designs
- Develop and maintain detailed information architecture and design specifications
- Keep abreast of competitor products and industry trends
- Communicate design ideas and prototypes to developers
- Gather and analyze metrics post-launch to inform design/UX optimization efforts
- 3+ years of professional experience as a user experience designer, interaction designer, information architect, or similar preferably with rich web experience.
- A strong eye for visual design — visual hierarchy, layout, typography, and color choice. Marketing or eCommerce design experience is a plus.
- You have solid written and verbal communication skills with the ability to present a strong rationale for decisions to internal stakeholders.
- Experience with modern design and prototyping tools (Figma preferred)
- A general understanding of web and mobile technologies. Front-end coding knowledge is a plus, but not required.
- Humble hustle — You are a go-getter who makes things happen. You’re aware you don’t know everything, are willing to learn new things, and have an idea/methodology to go about getting things done. You are organized, kind, clear, and thorough.
- Listener — You build empathy and understanding by listening to our customers—parents, caregivers, and young children—and use those learnings to create impactful and delightful experiences