***********$1,500 Sign on Bonus******************
The person selected for this position will be responsible for teaching to our Math and Science Curriculum to our 5th grade classroom at The Sagemont School in Florida. Our staff implements appropriate teaching strategies that assist each student in moving toward their potential while providing superior customer service.
- Plan and implement designated curriculum as prescribed by The Sagemont School.
- Work with all Sagemont staff members to produce learning experiences suited to the grade level and to the student developmental level that will enhance student achievement.
- Implement best practices with regard to instructional strategies.
- Design and produce instructional materials when applicable.
- Integrate and utilize technology hardware and software to effectively enhance student learning.
- Review contemporary educational literature to remain current with information related to job responsibility including teacher certification requirements.
- Use appropriate discipline that is consistent with the school’s philosophy and policy.
- Follow established guidelines for recording and reporting grades.
- Ensure adherence to good safety procedures.
- Participate and attend school related functions and activities.
- Maintain updated web pages for parents and students.
- Communicate with stakeholders in a courteous, timely and professional manner.
- Conform with and abide by all regulations, policies, work procedures and instructions.
- Respond promptly when returning telephone calls and replying to correspondence, emails, and faxes.
- Act, dress, and behave in a professional manner to reflect a positive image of the school.
- Meet established deadlines.
- Bachelor's Degree required with FL Teacher Certification in subject area, Master’s Degree a plus.
- Teaching experience or experience in an education related field preferred.
- Knowledge of school policies and procedures.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to effectively train others; emphasis on excellent written and verbal communication.
- Ability to provide superior customer service with emphasis on communication.
- Ability to maintain a professional demeanor in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to interact professionally and maintain effective working relationships with stakeholders.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Ability to plan and organize work.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite. Ability to be trained to use school designated Electronic Gradebook, Instructional software, etc
$1,500 sign on bonus is eligible for the new hire for the 5th Grade Math and Social Studies Teacher position at The Sagemont School. Bonus will be paid out to new hire after 90 days of completed employment.