As a Spanish teacher, at Park Maitland School you'll provide instruction in speaking, reading, writing, and understanding the Spanish language, as well as lessons in Spanish literature and culture. Topics vary between elementary grade levels, focusing on grammar, pronunciation, composition, spelling, vocabulary, and dialogue. History of Spanish-speaking countries may also be included.
- Build students' bilingual skills and enhance their understanding of the Spanish language
- Plan, supervise, and implement the Spanish curriculum in accordance with Park Maitland Schools policies and procedures.
- Fluent and accurate written and verbal skills and in-depth knowledge of Spanish culture as it relates to the curriculum.
- Responsible for maintenance and inventory of Spanish curriculum at your campus.
- Attend all staff meetings and in-house training programs.
- Collaborates with other staff to co-plan, co-deliver, and individualize instruction for all students in a class
- Monitor, document, and assess student progress. Maintain close communication with the principal and parents regarding student progress and issues, and conference as deemed necessary.
- Submit weekly lesson plans to your director.
- Establish a non-punitive method of seeking positive rather than negative methods to correct student behavior.
- Demonstrate patience and self-control in dealing with students and staff.
- Use appropriate language in and out of the classroom.
- Appropriately dressed, well groomed, and neat.
- Other duties as assigned by Lower School Director
Skills and Qualifications:
Bachelor’s in Spanish or Education
Minimum 4 years of experience as a classroom Spanish teacher
Fluency in the Spanish language
Outstanding verbal and written communication skills
Proficiency in basic computer programs