L’Etoile French Immersion School is looking for substitute teachers to lead classes from preschool through 5th grade. The person selected for this position will be responsible to substitute for the teacher as needed in the classroom. A substitute will report directly to the assigned campus and will receive the teaching assignment for the day. This is an on-call position.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Substitute as needed.
- Special duties as assigned by the administration.
- Planning, supervising, and implementing the curriculum in accordance with L’Etoile’s policies and procedures.
- Being responsible for the ordered arrangement, appearance, and décor of the classroom environment. This will include sharing the joint housekeeping responsibilities of the staff.
- Establish a non-punitive method of classroom discipline, seeking positive rather than negative methods to correct student behavior.
- Display energy and enthusiasm, maintaining evident interest in the job.
- Use appropriate language in and out of the classroom.
- Appropriately dressed, well groomed, and neat.
- Maintain professional attitude and loyalty to the school at all times.
- Maintain a friendly and positive attitude toward parents, students, and administration.
- Cooperate in the maintenance of interpersonal relationships
- Alert to the needs of others, students, and co-workers.
- Punctual and reliable.
- Perform daily tasks and responsibilities with integrity, making effective use of time schedules and not requiring constant reminders to complete tasks.
- Treat all children with dignity and respect.
- Demonstrate patience and self-control in dealing with students and staff.
- Possess or obtain a Central Background Registry number in Oregon
Strong customer service skills, both external and internal
Builds interpersonal relationships
Alert to the needs of others, students, and co-workers
Punctual and reliable
Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Prior to being hired, a substitute teacher shall have a BA or BS degree from an accredited or approved college or university
- Must be at least 18 years old
- Complies with all state-specific education and licensing standards, and maintains validation of credentials for the position
- Bilingual French preferred