The person selected for this position will be responsible for assisting the principal in the general day-to-day Middle School Lunch and study hall operations.
Employment Status: Part Time
Duration: School Year
Hours: Monday - Friday 11:45 AM – 1:50 PM and 3:15 PM - 6:00 PM
Location: 3800 Blackford Avenue San Jose, 95117
Sign on Bonus: $1,000 sign on bonus to the new hire after 90 days of completed employment in position.
- Monitor and maintain proper teacher-to-student ratio.
- Assist in implementing the daily program under the supervision of the study hall team leader and principal.
- Help with general housekeeping tasks as needed. Responsible for the set-up and cleanliness of the auditorium prior to the arrival and departure of students for each lunch shift.
- Keep auditorium neatly presented with shelving units free of clutter.
- Assist in supervision during outdoor time. Supervise and interact with students during outdoor time.
- Assist in overall classroom behavior under the direct supervision of the principal.
- Responsible for the safe supervision and care of students by focusing complete and undivided attention on students, and keeping them within visual range at all times.
- Maintain professional attitude and loyalty to the school at all times.
- Treat all children with dignity and respect, showing patience at all times.
- Attend all staff meetings and training programs.
- Maintain a friendly and positive attitude toward students, parents, staff, and administration.
- Cooperate in the maintenance of interpersonal relationships, refrain from complaining and gossiping.
- Alert to the needs of others, students and co-workers.
- Punctual and reliable. Absence from work is limited only to emergencies and illness.
- Display passion, energy, and enthusiasm for job.
- Use appropriate language in and out of the classroom.
- Appropriately dressed, well groomed, and neat.
- Perform daily task and responsibilities with integrity.
- High school graduate or GED
- High school occupational program