Category: School Administration
School: Laurel Springs School
Date Opened: Sep 9, 2022
Job ID: 15184
The Student Engagement Manager is responsible for supporting school leadership by leading the social community and student engagement initiatives. The school’s social community is comprised of an online social network, K-12 clubs, field trips, themed days and weeks, and annual events held across the calendar year.
● Promote a positive school culture supporting the unique needs and educational environment of online/distance students.
● Keep abreast of domestic and international student engagement opportunities and develop new initiatives for the social community.
● Create and manage a social community calendar (yearly and monthly).
● Collaborate with colleagues across departments in support of social community opportunities and opportunities that support social engagement within academic areas.
● Supervise and lead live and prerecorded events and activities.
●Oversee K-12 clubs, the school’s private social network, LSS Connect, and shared resources.
● Promote student involvement and leadership, and faculty and staff behind-the-scenes facilitation.
● Create and facilitate parent-community-related groups, events, and activities.
● Manage and supervise reporting full-time and part-time staff.
● Participate in virtual open houses, onboarding, and other opportunities supporting the school.
● Represent the school on trips, in meetings, and at conferences.
● Assist with other duties as assigned.
ESSENTIAL SKILLS & EXPERIENCE:
● Bachelor’s degree in Education required. Master’s degree preferred.
● 5+ years of experience teaching or working in a school setting.
● Teaching or administration experience at Laurel Springs School preferred.
● Experience leading large events and activities, with virtual experience preferred.
TRAVEL: Must be able to travel by air, rail, or motor vehicle to required training, development, and events.