BASIS International Schools are expanding rapidly and we are taking our world renowned educational programs worldwide. To drive this expansion, BASIS Overseas Educational Services (BOES) is seeking a talented International Recruiter to help create and drive recruiting strategies to attract and hire the best teaching and educational talent from around the world.
This position will be responsible for recruiting and screening candidates for teaching, school leadership and other support positions for our nationally ranked and globally recognized schools. The role will both attract candidates globally to work for BASIS International schools outside the U.S. as well as screen and recommend the top qualified educators to our schools.
A successful candidate for this role will work with a high sense of urgency to fill positions with the highest caliber candidates that fit the BASIS Model and Culture while gaining and demonstrating global talent market expertise. This person will play a key role in building the BASIS International School employment brand and value proposition among education professionals worldwide. You will play a key role in the global growth of our organization and make a significant impact on the quality of teaching and the culture of our schools by finding and hiring passionate teachers to make a difference in the lives of our students.
- Provide end to end recruitment lifecycle management for current and future openings at current and new, future schools
- Establish relationships with worldwide sources for education professionals including top tier universities, education associations and international school communities
- Develop, communicate and execute global recruiting plans and sourcing strategies
- Function as the employment brand ambassador for BASIS International Schools’ expansion into new world markets
- Ensure a positive candidate experience for all candidates by setting clear expectations and maintaining consistent communication with candidates throughout the process on their particular status
- Build talent networks and pools by sourcing qualified passive candidates that can fill future talent needs
- Drive results in sourcing new candidates and filling positions with high quality candidates that fit the BASIS culture and approach to education
- Develop comprehensive knowledge of BASIS International Schools’ business, positions and culture to effectively align talent to the business needs and BASIS Mission
- Champion the recruitment process with hiring managers through consultation on strategic and emerging recruitment trends, best practices and promote the business case for recruiting and selecting the best talent; influence managers as appropriate
- Apply a creative use of social, professional, and internet networking sites to identify and source candidates.
- Research, identify, and recruit candidates through the use of innovative attraction and sourcing methods that include social media, Boolean searches, networking, and attending professional events to actively engage with both passive and active job seekers directly
- Conduct phone, virtual and in-person interviews and evaluate candidate skill level and company fit
- Contribute to recruitment Social Media efforts (e.g. contributes to Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter either directly or by sharing content)
- Ensure recruiting practices and activities support BASIS International Schools’ growth initiatives, global mobility strategies and fortifies and builds the BASIS Culture
- Use and maintain the in-house applicant tracking system to effectively to document activity ad track and communicate with candidates
- Participate in internal and external hiring events
- Occasional travel up to 5-10%
- Some weekend work required
- High degree of flexibility, self-motivation and drive
- Ability to work in a highly functioning team environment
- Expert multi-task management, resource management and interpersonal skills
- Knowledge of recruitment selection
- Possess excellent interpersonal, organizational and communication skills, positive attitude and high level of initiative
- Effective Internet skills particularly search techniques
- Strong commitment to customer/candidate service (e.g. responsive to emails, phone calls, proactive in providing feedback and maintaining communications with candidates and managers).
- Effective PC/Microsoft Office skills -- technically savvy
- Previous use and knowledge of ATS systems and other recruiting tools
- Experience with behavioral interviewing techniques
- Commitment to the BASIS culture and model
- High value on and commitment to education
Required Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree, Masters or other advanced degree preferred
- 3+ years of recruitment experience
- 1+ years of experience in an educational environment
- Teacher recruiting experience
- Previous experience in an agency highly preferred
- Experience recruiting internationally and understanding of cultural differences and career motivators
- Understanding of and ability to identify teacher motivation