The Sagemont School inspires academic excellence through intellectual exploration, entrepreneurship, and innovation. Students are encouraged to take responsible risks and develop a deep understanding of social responsibility as active agents of change.
Middle School Math and Science Position Summary:
The middle school math and science teacher will have the primary responsibility for planning, programming, and teaching math 6th, 7th, pre-algebra and STEM in alignment with the middle school curricular objectives. The math and science teacher will be responsible for establishing a positive, encouraging, appropriate relationship with students in which they are both held to high standards and supported in their attempts to meet them. A love of students and complete dedication to their success, combined with a passion for math and science, effective professional skills, a positive, team-centered personality, and a dedication to life-long learning are all necessary for teaching success at The Sagemont School. Our future innovative educator must also be compassionate, patient, observant, detail-oriented, creative and think outside the box.
- Implement instructional activities that contribute to a climate where students are actively engaged in meaningful learning experiences.
- Provide a positive environment in which students are encouraged to be actively engaged in the learning process.
- Facilitate activities and projects that incorporate communication, collaboration, creativity, and critical thinking.
- Communicate effectively, both orally and in writing, with students, parents, and other professionals on a regular basis.
- Assist in assessing changing curricular needs and offers plans for improvement.
- Collaborate with peers to enhance the instructional environment.
- Model professional and ethical standards when dealing with students, parents, peers, and community.
- Participate in training and professional development
- Knowledge of encouraging students to be global citizens and active members of our local communities, linguistically and culturally.
- Desire to continue professional development
- An ability and enthusiasm for promoting the school and its mission to a broad and diverse group of people.
- Excellent work ethic, positive attitude, flexibility and willingness to grow as an educator
Our ideal candidate is an experienced professional with the following qualities:
- A bachelor’s degree (master’s preferred) in a field of study in or related to mathematics and or science
- At least 2+ years of teaching and training experience at the middle school level.
- Ability to absorb, synthesize and present ideas, texts, and concepts with precision and confidence from diverse disciplines.
- Eagerness to build supportive relationships with students in and beyond the classroom
- A willingness to work actively and collaboratively with colleagues on curriculum development and alignment
- A willingness to try innovative teaching strategies and formats. Ability to implement differentiated learning/instruction as required.
- A commitment to continuous professional growth and an enthusiasm for lifelong learning
- An ability to create and promote an inclusive learning environment
- Strong organizational and time management skills