Elementary Teacher - 4th Grade ***$2,500 Sign on Bonus***
This job posting is no longer active.
Category: Elementary Education
School: Stratford School
Location: San Francisco, CA
Date Opened: Aug 3, 2022
Job ID: 14392
Description At our Stratford School San Francisco 14th Ave campus we are seeking an 4th Grade Elementary Teacher for the general supervision and management of one of our classrooms for the upcoming school year.Duties & Responsibilities:
Skills/Knowledge/Education:Prior to being hired, a teacher shall have a BA or BS degree from an accredited or approved college or university.
- Be alert at all times by providing proper visual supervision.
- Abide by all Stratford safety protocols.
- Plan, supervise, and implement the curriculum in accordance with policies and procedures.
- Responsible for the ordered arrangement, appearance, and décor of the classroom environment. This will include sharing the joint housekeeping responsibilities of the staff.
- Attend all staff meetings, including quarterly grade-level meetings, and in-house training programs.
- Regularly maintains classroom bulletin boards displaying all aspects of the Curriculum.
- Monitor and assess student progress. Maintain close communication with the principal and parents regarding student issues, conferencing as deemed necessary.
- Submit weekly lesson plans to the principal.
- Establish our non-punitive method of classroom discipline, seeking positive rather than negative methods to correct student behavior.
- Participation in all school events
- Perform daily tasks and responsibilities with integrity, making effective use of time schedules and not requiring constant reminders to complete tasks.
- Treat all children with dignity and respect.
- Demonstrate patience and self-control in dealing with students and staff.
- Display energy and enthusiasm, maintaining evident interest in the job.
- Contribute and share ideas freely with other staff members.
- Use appropriate language in and out of the classroom.
- Appropriately dressed, well groomed, and neat.
A transcript and/or copy of the degree from the approved university/college must verify the coursework or a current and valid teaching credential issued by the California Commission on Teacher Credentialing.Prior work experience in a elementary classroom setting is preferred
*****The $2,500 sign on bonus for the Elementary 4th grade teacher position is eligible to the new hire once they have completed 90 days of employment in the position.