***********$2,000 Sign On Bonus***********
The Mandarin Teacher will work as part of a team to develop a plan of instruction appropriate for preschool grades preschool to Kindergarten with an emphasis on vocabulary, listening, speaking, reading, and writing. This person must be professionally prepared to teach Mandarin to young children. Additionally, the teacher agrees to uphold the high expectations and standards of Stratford School.
Employment Status: Full-Time
Duration: Year Round (12 Months), Monday - Friday
Location: 645 14th Avenue San Francisco CA 94118
Benefits Available: Medical, Vision, Dental Insurance, 401K, Paid Time Off and Education Assistant programs to assist with completing Early Childhood Education courses for teacher position.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Plan, supervise, and implement the Mandarin curriculum in accordance with Stratford School policies and procedures.
- Collaborate with the other Mandarin teachers to plan and implement the Mandarin curriculum for students.
- Fluent and accurate written and verbal skills and in-depth knowledge of Mandarin culture as it relates to the curriculum.
- Responsible for maintenance and inventory of the Mandarin curriculum at your campus.
- Attend all staff meetings and in-house training programs.
- Participation in all school events and other special events as needed; Back-to-School Night, Open House, Stratford School's Annual Family Picnic, Staff Meetings, and Trimester Grade Level Meetings.
- Monitor, document, and assess student progress. Maintain close communication with the principal and parents regarding student progress and issues, and conference as deemed necessary.
- Submit weekly lesson plans to your director.
- Contribute a monthly section to the school newsletter.
- Establish a non-punitive method of seeking positive rather than negative methods to correct student behavior.
- Assist in other duties as assigned by the principal, including morning arrival and departure procedures.
- Perform daily tasks and responsibilities with integrity, making effective use of time schedules and not requiring constant reminders to complete tasks.
- Treat all children with dignity and respect.
- Demonstrate patience and self-control in dealing with students and staff.
- Display energy and enthusiasm, maintaining evident interest in the job.
- Contribute and share ideas freely with other staff members.
- Use appropriate language in and out of the classroom.
Strong customer service skills, both external and internal
Builds interpersonal relationships
Alert to the needs of others, students, and co-workers
Punctual and reliable
Excellent oral and written communication skills
* The $2,000 Sign on Bonus is only eligible to the new hire for this posted Mandarin Preschool Teacher opportunity at the 14th Ave campus. Bonus is payable upon the successful completion of 90 days of employment.
- Prior to being hired, a teacher shall have an educational background with either 12 semester or 18 quarter early childhood units completed. Those courses must cover the general areas of child growth and development, child, family, and community, and program/curriculum.
- Or a completed Bachelors degree in Child Development is also accepted as the educational background requirement for position.
- Must successfully clear criminal background check.
- Prior work experience in a preschool classroom setting preferred.
Mandarin fluency is a must.