Elementary Teacher - 2nd Grade *****$2,000 SIGN ON BONUS******
This job posting is no longer active.
Category: Elementary Education
School: Carden Academy
Location: San Jose, CA
Date Opened: Aug 1, 2022
Job ID: 14352
Description *****$2,000 SIGN ON BONUS******
At our Carden Academy San Jose campus we are seeking an Elementary Teacher for the general supervision and management of one of our classrooms for the upcoming school year.Duties & Responsibilities:
Skills/Knowledge/Education:Prior to being hired, a teacher shall have a BA or BS degree from an accredited or approved college or university. A transcript and/or copy of the degree from the approved university/college must verify the coursework or a current and valid teaching credential issued by the California Commission on Teacher Credentialing.Prior work experience in a elementary classroom setting is preferred
- Be alert at all times by providing proper visual supervision.
- Abide by all Carden safety protocols.
- Plan, supervise, and implement the curriculum in accordance with policies and procedures.
- Responsible for the ordered arrangement, appearance, and décor of the classroom environment. This will include sharing the joint housekeeping responsibilities of the staff.
- Attend all staff meetings, including quarterly grade-level meetings, and in-house training programs.
- Regularly maintains classroom bulletin boards displaying all aspects of the Curriculum.
- Monitor and assess student progress. Maintain close communication with the principal and parents regarding student issues, conferencing as deemed necessary.
- Submit weekly lesson plans to the principal.
- Establish our non-punitive method of classroom discipline, seeking positive rather than negative methods to correct student behavior.
- Participation in all school events
- Perform daily tasks and responsibilities with integrity, making effective use of time schedules and not requiring constant reminders to complete tasks.
- Treat all children with dignity and respect.
- Demonstrate patience and self-control in dealing with students and staff.
- Display energy and enthusiasm, maintaining evident interest in the job.
- Contribute and share ideas freely with other staff members.
- Use appropriate language in and out of the classroom.
- Appropriately dressed, well groomed, and neat.