The Laurel Springs School is seeking a talented Dean of Faculty to oversee the Academic Department Chairs (ADCs) and implement the vision for the Education team. The Dean of Faculty is considered a thought leader in the field of education and is informed and knowledgeable about the K-12 education technology market. This person must have exceptional leadership skills, a solid background in teaching, supervision, and professional development, along with the ability to communicate with a wide variety of stakeholders.
- Promote a positive school culture focused on the unique needs and educational environment of online/distance students
- Manage and supervise a team of full-time employees
- Responsible for the hiring and onboarding of highly qualified faculty and staff in accordance with policies established by the Talent Acquisition Department
- Oversee and present professional development for faculty and staff connected to innovative and expected online teaching practices
- Use technology to collect and analyze data, interpret results, and communicate findings to ensure that appropriate instructional practices and student learning is implemented and communicated
- Manage academic support services offered to students
- Oversees the scheduling of staff to cover live academic support room
- Develops best practice guides for students and staff
- Provide support for students, parents, faculty, and staff within the school community
- Participate in monthly department meetings
- Organize and lead annual Back-to-School meetings
- Support faculty and staff with escalated student and parent concerns
- Develop and implement creative teacher-based student retention solutions
- Oversee the process for academic integrity and the implementation of the Honor Code
- Represent the school at meetings and conferences on the local, state, and national level, serving as an expert in the area of online education and technologies and occasionally making presentations pertaining to the field
Essential Skills & Experience:
- Master’s Degree in education required.
- 3+ years of leadership and management experience in the online education industry.
- Demonstrated exceptional understanding of online instruction.
- Ability to motivate people, instill accountability, and achieve results.