The Laurel Springs School is seeking a talented Long Term Substitute Counselor to support the K-8 team. Ranked as one of the best online private schools in America, Laurel Springs’ academic experiences help pave each student’s learning path and pace. In addition, we offer
Fostering a lifelong love of learning, Laurel Springs encourages engagement beyond the classroom through a broad range of clubs and activities, enables cross-cultural collaboration across its diverse student body, and nurtures personal growth within each student as they discover and pursue their individual passions and talents.
The K-8 Counselor is responsible for programming that supports and promotes student academic and social development. This position requires wide exposure, experience, and proficiency in catering to the needs of the school and students.
- Respond to students’ academic and social/emotional development needs.
- Assess student abilities, interests, and achievements to help them make decisions about their future and help guide them in planning for upper school.
- Establish and maintain cooperative working relationships with all members of the school community through meaningful and frequent communications via email and telephone/video calls and provide support during school office hours.
- Lead live webinar sessions for students and guardians which focus on supporting students’ academic, career, and social/emotional development.
- Create meaningful communications, such as newsletters, that focus on needs specific to the population of students on a regular basis.
- Participate in school meetings, events, and activities.
- Perform other counseling-related duties as assigned.
Essential Skills & Experience:
- School counseling certification, Master’s degree required.
- 3+ years of experience teaching or working in a school setting supporting specifically targeted audiences – lower school and middle school.
- Experience implementing group programs with measurable objectives.
- Possesses basic math skills and experience using Google Suite and Naviance.
- Analytical, interpretive, evaluative, and constructive thinking skills are required.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.